The newly appointed National Health Committee, on Tuesday, has announced drastic measures aimed at preventing the spread of Corona Virus pandemic in Somaliland which is spreading fast around the globe.
The NHC unveiled the following measures against the spread of Corona Virus in Somaliland.
- All private medical centers like hospitals, laboratories and medical practitioners will be working under the direction of the health ministry if need arises.
- NHC suspended the export of medical supplies from Somaliland
- All medical practitioners that are not under the patronage of the government will work with the ministry of health on voluntary basis and are kindly informed to get registered at regional and district level health offices in Somaliland.
- All educational centers both public and private like universities, day schools, boarding schools, orphanage centers will be shut down for 4 weeks and the closure will take into effect on the 19th of March, 2020.
- All Imams at mosques are apprised of accomplishing mandatory five congregational prayers not more than 25 minutes. All toilets and ablution facilities at mosques will be closed within a matter of four weeks starting from the 19th of March, 2020.
- Imams are apprised to open all windows at mosques during the prayers.
- The public must conduct the ablutions at their residences and business centers.
- If a person shows signs of cold, they are dissuaded from attending prayers at the mosque and are informed to pray indoors.
- Imams at mosques are urged to conduct Qunut prayers and make supplications to the almighty Allah over the Corona Virus.
- NHC recommended the public to refrain from holding meetings, ceremonies, invitations, weddling ceremonies, sports contests for 4 weeks.
- Int’l and local organizations are discouraged holding meetings and seminars in Somaliland for four weeks starting from the 19th of March, 2020.
Immigration and airline flights destined to Somaliland
The Ministry of Health will be monitoring all flights from countries where their health systems are up to bar. The ministry staffers will conduct medical screening on passengers at airports in Somaliland.
All flights from China, Italy, Iran, France, South Korea, Spain, Kenya and Somalia are suspended on the 19th of March, 2020 at around 6 in the morning.
SL citizens are advised to postpone unnecessary travels within Somaliland.
All diaspora community are apprised of postponing their travels to Somaliland until the situation over the outbreak gets better.