President to address the two houses of parliament in his annual address tomorrow.
THT-The Speaker of the Somaliland House of Representatives, Hon. Abdirizak Khalif Ahmed, has officially opened the third session of the House of Representatives, where the agenda of the session were distributed.
The members of the House of Representatives were asked to review the agenda for the following da. The third session agenda include:
- Statement of the Speaker of the House of Representatives
- Report of the Standing Committee and other committees of the House of Representatives
- The general situation of the country;
- Legislative projects before the House
- Petroleum law draft;
- Law on the prevention and control of human trafficking;
- Amendments to the Public Financial Management Act no. 75/2021;
- Amendments to the Inland Revenue Act. No. 72/2016;
- Draft Law on Refugees and Asylum Seekers;
- Approval of government appointees;
- Regulations returned by the House of Elders;
- Anything else that comes up
Hon Ahmed, responding question asked MP’s regarding whether MP’s is allowed to ask question President H.E. Abdi, said that matter depends on both leaders of the Senate and the House of Representatives to deliberate upon, and decide how the procedure will be.
The members of representatives were asked to review the agenda, to be discussed on latter days.
On the other hand, Speaker Hon Khalif informed MP’s that The President of the Republic of Somaliland, His Excellency Muse Bihi Abdi, will address the two Houses of the National Assembly and the House of Representatives on Monday.
The speaker urged lawmakers to arrive at the parliament building at 9 am on Monday.