The two week long Mideeye Conference of the Warsangali clans in Erigabo, capital of Sanaag region, concluded important points agreed between the Somaliland government and the Warsangali clan.
Sultan Mohamed Sultan Hasan Jibril, who read aloud the articles from the Mideye Conference, said that this agreement is based on a compromise between the Government of Somaliland and the Warsangali Region.
The agreement is as follows :-
The Government of the Republic of Somaliland held a two-week-long conference with leaders and prominent members of the Warsangeli clan to decide, among others, how the clan could claim its rightful place among its peers in the government, the armed forces, and security agencies.
The Government of the Republic of Somaliland and the Warsangeli Region have agreed on the following:
- The Warsangali community is fully part of the Somaliland Republic, and as such benefits from its security, social development, economic infrastructure and national defense.
- The Government has committed to improving the economic infrastructure and the development of public services such as its water, health, education, as well as a number of other projects like the Laasqoray depot and Erigabo road.
- The Government of Somaliland will review and give consideration to the Warsangeli Region in the Executive Department.
- The Government of Somaliland has agreed to rename Dhahar Municipality as a Region in line with the State and Municipal System. Concerning the municipalities, the Ministry of Interior is responsible for new municipalities, as well as the promotion of the old municipalities.
- The Somaliland government and the leaders, scholars, intellectuals and prominent clan members of the warsangeli clan are working together to expand the administration’s role in the Warsangeli Region.
- The government has decided that the Warsangeli will take part in the judiciary in Somaliland.
- The government is considering the granting of government employees to Warsangeli Region.